Blogroll

Banana Blueberry Oats Cakes ( Microwave Recipe )


          Couple of months back, my husband on his trip to the US, had bought me two big packets of dried blueberries. Now, I have to find ways of using the berries, apart from eating it alone or with cereal ( with a family that's not a big fan of cereals ). I was browsing the web for blueberry recipes, I also I had bananas with me that day, so I was looking for a recipe to use blueberries along with bananas, then I saw this here. An easy dish that takes just about 4 to 5 minutes in the microwave, great for breakfast or snack..

Need To Have

  • Quick Cooking Oats - 1/2 cup
  • Banana - 1 big
  • Dried Sweetened Blueberries - 3 tablespoons
  • Cinnamon Powder - 1 teaspoon

Method


          Peel and mash the bananas, mix in the oats, blueberries and cinnamon powder.


          Grease a microwave safe dish, add the oats banana mixture, smooth it out with a spoon and microwave it for about 4 to 5 minutes till dry. Cool it for a few minutes, take it out and slice.


Note
The original recipe used fresh blueberries, they are not readily available in India.
Fresh berries don't have any taste, so 1/4 brown sugar is added.
The texture will be on the chewier side.

0 comments :

Post a Comment