Blogroll

Eggless Brownies


          When browsing through my baking recipes, I was surprised to see that I haven't posted an Eggless Brownie till now, of course I have one with eggs. Then also, while just going through some brownie recipes, I found that you can make brownies with different textures, they can either have cake-like texture, or a chewy one or a fudgy one. Till now, I haven't really thought about what kind of texture my brownies came out, I prefer chewy brownies but today's brownies have a cake like  texture..

Need To Have

  • All Purpose Flour/Maida - 1 cup
  • Cocoa Powder - 1/2 cup
  • Baking Soda - 1 teaspoon
  • Milk - 1 cup
  • Brown Sugar - 1 cup
  • Butter - 2 tablespoons
  • Oil - 3 tablespoons
  • Coffee Extract - 1 teaspoon
  • Lemon Juice - 1 teaspoon
  • Salt - 1/8 teaspoon

Method


          Melt the butter, add the oil, milk, lemon juice, coffee extract, brown sugar and salt and mix it well. Sift together the flour, baking soda and cocoa powder and add to the wet ingredients.


          Mix it in without any lumps, pour into a greased pan, lined with parchment paper and bake at 180 C for about 25 to 30 minutes, till a toothpick inserted into the brownie comes out clean. Cool it a little, then remove it and cool completely and make pieces.


Note
Oven timings vary, so keep an eye after 25 minutes, bake it a little longer if the toothpick comes out sticky.
You can add some walnuts or chocolate chips to the batter.
I had coffee extract, so I used it, you can use vanilla extract and a teaspoon of instant coffee powder mixed with the milk.
I like brown sugar, if you can't find it, you can use regular sugar or demerara sugar too.

0 comments :

Post a Comment