Blogroll

Foxtail Millet Cookies, Thinai Cookies


          Foxtail Millet/Thinai Cookies, I should have posted this sometime last month, I was paired with Veena Shankar for the 'Shhhh Cooking Secretly Challenge', she was travelling and I was caught up in something, so by the time we decided on our ingredients, we had crossed the posting date. She had given me millets and sugar as the secret ingredients, my mind was already set on making cookies with the two ingredients, and after so much delay, I finally made them. I was debating whether to use only millet flour or a combination of flours, I finally settled on using millet flour and whole wheat flour and I also used some dark chocolate chips. The cookies turned out superb, melt in the mouth kind, the texture was like that of the Dark Fantasy cookies. Before we go on to the recipe, I don't have to tell much about Veena's blog, if some of you have not visited her space, do so, she has so many different and delicious recipes..

Need To Have

  • Foxtail Millet/Thinai Flour - 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon
  • Whole Wheat Flour - 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon
  • Unsalted Butter - 2 tablespoons
  • Oil - 2 tablespoons
  • Sugar - 1/4 cup
  • Vanilla Extract - 1 teaspoon
  • Chocolate Chips - 1/8 cup
  • Salt - very small pinch

Method


          Melt the butter, add the oil, salt and vanilla extract, followed by the millet flour, whole wheat flour, sugar and chocolate chips. Using your hand, mix it together to make a soft cookie dough.


          Shape it into small balls and flatten it slightly, arrange it on a cookie sheet lined with aluminium foil, bake it at 180 C for 15 minutes. Remove, let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes, remove and leave it on a wire rack to cool completely, then store it in an airtight container.


Note
I initially started with 1/4 cup millet flour and 1/4 cup whole wheat flour, but after making the dough, I felt I can add another tablespoon of each.
I have used organic sugar, I forgot to powder it, but still the cookies came out very good.

0 comments :

Post a Comment